This little plaything is something I’ve been working on a little while ago, and I was hoping to finish. Looking forward in my planning I think finishing it will take a while, so I’ll post a quick WIP. It’s really a work in progress, and it’s really buggy, so consider it a proof of concept. It was nice to play around with papervision in a “maybe someday, when I get to finish it” kind of way. Since I posted this to the pv3d mailing list today, I thought I’d blog it too.
Displaying flickr image search results in 3d.
The bugs & to be done things in random order :
1. You have to wait until all images are loaded before you can freely click around the datagrid.
2. The 3d panes are not clickables, that’s why that datagrid is there.
3. You can’t clear the result set yet.
4. Clipping of on screen faces occure (this is actually related to pv3d clipping).
5. It’s kind of slow…the loading of flickr images is being cached on my server.
6. It slows down. Rendering modes on the panes are not reset, the more you show, the heavier it gets.
Next to that, it’s cool to see what pv3d will be able to bring very soon…the amount of work this has taken me is minimal. Really minimal. No sources here yet.